✓ Will you require a responsive design (adapts automatically to mobile devices)?
✓ How often will you be updating the content on your site?
✓ What functional requirements are needed within the new website?
✓ Is there any specific feature that is needed for your website?
– Do you want users to be able to comment on blog posts and other types of content?
✓ Do you need to integrate chat features?
✓ Will you need an internal search engine for your site?
– Do you plan to post audio/video files to the site?
✓ Do you have a video hosting service or will you be uploading videos to Vimeo or YouTube to embed videos on your site?
– Will you need people to log in on the site either with a username and password or by using social logins?
– Will users need the ability to post product reviews?
– So, do you want people to be able to share content from your website?
✓ Will visitors have to enter credit card information and other personal details on any section of the website?
– So, do you plan to sell anything through your website?
✓ Do you need assistance with search engine optimization?
✓ When was the last time you reviewed your website for optimization?
✓ Do you have someone who can review content for SEO best practices, internally?
✓ Do you have someone who can create unique meta titles and descriptions per page or blog posts internally?
– So, what search terms are your competitors targeting?
✓ Do you have a Google Analytics account?
✓ Do you have a Google Webmaster Tools or Bing Webmaster Tools account?
– Based on what you know right now, what keywords or phrases would “you” use to search for your products and/or service offering?
– Of the words you just listed, which ones would you like to target with the new website?
– Do you have existing content that can support these keywords or phrases?
– Does your existing website and content rank for these phrases?
✓ What are your top-performing keywords?
– What are your most trafficked pages on your website?
– What percentage of visits are from organic sources?
– What percentage of traffic are referrals from other sites?
– Which referral channel gives your website the most traffic?
– What percentage of traffic is from social media sites?
– What percentage of traffic is from email marketing?
✓ How many visits does your site get each month?
– What percentage of traffic is from direct or people who type your URL into the search bar?
– What percentage of traffic is from mobile devices?
– How many landing pages do you have?
– So, how long do people typically spend on your website?
– What are your top-performing landing pages?
– What are your top-performing blog posts?
– How many page views does your site get each month?
– The number of leads you generate each month?
– What is the bounce rate for your site?
– Is the average amount of sales generated by your site each month?
✓ What is the page load time of your site?
– How many inbound links are pointing to your current site?
✓ Is your current site optimized for mobile users?
✓ Do you like data?
✓ What types of reports and data would you like to receive from our team?
✓ Do you prefer phone call reporting?
– Do you like PDF’s?
– Would you like the reports to be converted into videos?
✓ Who is your current website host?
✓ If switching hosting companies, do you know where your DNS is controlled?
– Do you have any and all logins?
✓ Domain name
✓ Where is your site currently hosted?
– So, do you know the current level of hosting you have?
✓ Do you have or need an SSL certificate?
– So, do you have specific accessibility requirements? (larger text, language conversion, blind-accessible, etc.)
– Do you have an existing content management system you prefer or would you like our suggestions on the proper CMS?
✓ Do you think your current website can communicate with your audience clearly?
✓ Does your current website have all the necessary features that help your target audience?
✓ Is the navigation on your current website easy?
– Do the users know what to click next?
– Does it have enough white space for structure and digestible information?
✓ Are the color schemes on your current website relevant to your branding?
– Is the copy effective or do you think you can do better?
– Does your current website have too many distractions?
– What do you wish to change on your new website?
✓ What features and functions would you like to add?
✓ What other menu options would you like to add?
– What suggestions do you have to make your website stand out?
✓ What are elements on your current website that needs to be removed?
✓ What elements should be on the new website design?
✓ What is your budget for this project?
✓ What is your yearly budget for website improvements?
✓ Who is responsible for reviewing and providing feedback on the site?
✓ What is your desired kick-off date?
✓ Who will give final approval for the site prior to launch?
✓ Will you require training on how to properly maintain the site?
✓ Who will be managing the site once it’s completed?
– At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
– So, if you could have one superpower, what would it be?
– If you could be one character in any movie, TV show, cartoon, who would you be?
– What movie title describes your life?
– So, if you could choose one Pokemon that relates to your personality, who would it be?
– What is your favorite TV show?
– What is your favorite video game?
– Do you have any nerdy addictions?
– So, have you ever refitted an item, and if so, what did you regift?
– What’s the strangest talent you have?
– So, do you have any nicknames?
– Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
– What is that one song on you’re afraid to admit that you like?
– What are three things still left on your bucket list?
– If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?